Friday, April 15, 2011

Organize!

Life can be pretty crazy and hectic at times  ~ for all of us.  I don't know about you, but when my home's a mess, I feel like I'm a mess too.  It seems like here of late things are starting to creep in on me at our house ~ that means time to purge.  I'm convinced purging is one of those necessary evils in life ~ a must to maintain some semblance of order around here. :)  So, today I'm tackling some spring cleaning.  

I'm starting out in the office area and surprisingly, my first stop won't be at the Container Store (although that's a favorite stop of mine).  I like using vintage goods for organizational purposes.  And really, using finds like the ones below are extremely cost effective. 


This vintage muffin tin has so many compartments and is ideal for a drawer organizer for daily office supplies ~ thumbtacks, paper clips, rubber bands, etc.  This belonged to my neighbor's (Sally) mom and luckily I inherited it (thanks Sally).


This old butter dish lid, turned upside down, was just the right size to hold these shipping tags.  I use these all the time ~ they are my go-to gift tags.  


Old restaurant ware and ironstone strikes again!  Mugs, coffee cups and and even small bowls make useful containers to hold office supplies.


I use this small wire basket to hold various string, twine, stamps and moleskin journals.  The basket cost me a whopping twenty five cents at a yard sale.


This wire cutlery holder was a Christmas gift from Reagan ~ he purchased it at Anthropologie.  I've used it in the kitchen but now I'm going to use it for office organization.  It makes a great caddy for pens, pencils, scissors, rulers, etc.

Well, as you can see, I'm well on my way to clearing things out.  Now if I can just do something with the mess I've made everywhere else during the process of cleaning out the office!

3 comments :

  1. Hey Dana, love your style. This is an old friend from the past, Renee Cook (Hoffman). Karen has been following you and hooked me up with your blog. Great ideas, love to hook up sometime. I was laughing because we have a lot of the same style! Crazy after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee ~ oh my goodness!!! What a wonderful surprise to hear from you! Thank you for your kind comments. Oh what I would give to see you and catch up. We could have a grand time. Love to you friend! Are you on FB?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...